Kabigon
Welcome to Kabigon forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Kabigon
Welcome to Kabigon forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Kabigon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kabigon

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO KABIGON FORUMS ! WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY !!!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Announcements

Just a reminder: If you haven't already read them, you can find the rules of the forum here:Site Rules.

If you think that you are the best pokemon trainer in the world and your pokemon are the stronger you must read these guides first!!! Click here

If you want to be our Gym Leader and want to know where can find the apply form Click here

Or If you want to battle our Gym leaders and want to know who they are you can find them here

Latest topics
» r342rwerwrwrwerw
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:44 pm by jnkute

» History of Pokemon
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 am by siranime

»  Operation 1: Restoring the Forum!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:16 am by pikachu7

»  Time to leave already TT~TT
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 pm by pikachu7

»  Do not click here...
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:14 am by Pokecollector

» Anyone have a Macho Brace?
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:32 am by pikachu7

» Pokemon Black/White nw informations!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 am by Pokecollector

» ATTENTION TO ALL GYM LEADERS !!!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:43 am by Pokecollector

»  Application Form
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 am by Guest

» Introduction to this forum
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:12 am by Pokecollector

» Kabigon Badges!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 pm by Pokecollector

» Gym leaders must read this!!!!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:13 pm by Pokecollector

» Azure's Blaziken moveset (UNDER CONSTRUCTION.)
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 am by Azure

» Winner of badges!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:34 pm by Pokecollector

» tom likes...
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 pm by Pokecollector

» Our admin will leave for a few days.....
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 pm by Kabigon

» Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 am by Pokecollector

» Pokemon of the 2nd week
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:57 am by Pokecollector

Poll
What will you get ?
Pokemon Black
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_lcap43%Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Pokemon White
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_lcap21%Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
I won't buy
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_lcap7%Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
BOTH !!!
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_lcap14%Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
No matter which i'll buy...
Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_lcap14%Pokemon of the 2nd week I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Pokemon of the 2nd week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabigon
Admin
Admin
Kabigon

PokePoints : 372

Pokemon of the 2nd week Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of the 2nd week   Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:15 am

Pokemon of the 2nd week Spr_4h_217_m

Ursaring, The Hibernation Pokémon. With its ability to distinguish any aroma, it unfailingly finds all food buried deep underground. Although it is a good climber, it prefers to snap trees with its forelegs and eat fallen berries. In its territory, it leaves scratches on trees that bear delicious berries or fruits. In forests, it is said that there are many streams and towering trees where an Ursaring gathers food. It walks through its forest collecting food every day.

Overview

On paper, Ursaring is amazing. That obscene Attack stat with Swords Dance and two great abilities as well as a good physical movepool. However, Ursaring's low Speed and general frailness make it less effective than it originally seemed. This doesn't mean Ursaring is bad though. In the lower tiers, that Attack will tear everything to pieces.

Ability

Guts: 130 base Attack and Swords Dance not enough for you? Say hello to even more Attack power!

Quick Feet: 55 base Speed not good enough for you? Nope, me either. This pretty much makes Ursaring a beast, but it can't just be slapped on, it has to have a set built around it.

Move Sets

Choice

- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
Item Attached: Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Return has amazing power when combined with Choice Band and that already massive Attack. It has 100% accuracy and great base attack. However, Body Slam can be used if you like the idea of paralyzing stuff that used to outrun Ursaring. Earthquake totally wrecks Steel types, which would switch in to absorb Return. Crunch ruins Ghosts and Psychics that may switch into Ursaring for whatever reason, and Fire Punch sorts out any Steels that aren't on the ground.

Swords Dance

- Swords Dance
- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
Item Attached: Leftovers
EVs and Nature:

Swords Dance makes Ursaring disgustingly scary. That already ridiculous Attack is rocketed sky high with one move. Return or Body Slam depends on whether you want to paralyze or have more power. Earthquake murders Steel types and is a power move in general. Fire Punch smashes any Steels not hit by Earthquake, and also hits any other Pokémon that resist both Normal and Ground moves.

Hibernating Powerhouse

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam / Return
- Earthquake / Fire Punch / Hammer Arm
Item Attached: Leftovers
EVs and Nature:

Rest and Sleep Talk make Ursaring a threat that can heal itself. Beastly. Sleep activates Guts so now you are working with Choice Banded power. Body Slam or Return, go with whatever you want depending on your needs. Earthquake hits grounded Steels, Fire Punch hits everything with no immunities when paired with a Normal move, Hammer Arm is an option for hurting all Steels, not just grounded ones. Each move comes with advantages but leaves Ursaring with a weakness. So... pick your poison.

Those Speedy Feet

- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake / Close Combat
- Crunch
Item Attached: Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

An Ursaring set that is fast? Well, fast-ish. 343 isn't that bad, especially when you factor in Ursaring's massive Attack and the fact he is in the lower tiers. Swords Dance boosts the Attack, makes Ursaring awesome, beastly, etc. Facade is the real gem on this set, as it has obscene power when combined with Swords Dance. Pretty much everything will just die. Earthquake murders grounded Steels, whereas Close Combat hits them all, just at the cost of Defence and Special Defence. Crunch destroys any Ghosts that thing they can safely take a Facade.

EVs and Nature:

Choice
Go with max HP and max Attack if using Guts, but if you want to go with Quick Feet, max Speed and Attack and use Jolly if you want to. There isn't a point of using Quick Feet unless you are fast originally.

Swords Dance
This set is about damage and survival, hence max HP and max Speed. Guts is preferred on this set as Quick Feet won't stop the Attack decrease from burn.

Hibernating powerhouse
Uh... hit hard and survive? 252 HP 252 Attack. No reason for anything else..

Those Speedy Feet
252 Attack 252 Speed, Jolly. This lets it hit 343 Speed, which outruns positive max Speed base 105s, and comes close to outrunning Infernape. .

Other Options

Aerial Ace, Bulk Up, Cross Chop, Double-edge, Focus Punch, Night Slash, Payback, Stone Edge, Superpower, Thunderpunch

Aerial Ace kills Breloom and Heracross.

Bulk Up is another choice for boosting Attack.

Cross Chop is an inaccurate Fighting move with the higher chance of a crit.

Double-edge has massive power but the recoil is gonna be pretty tough to deal with.

Focus Punch is another Fighting move, but used more effectively in tandem with Substitute or amazing prediction.

Night Slash is a high crit move, an option over Crunch.

Payback is another option for a Dark move, getting 100 base power when Ursaring takes damage already that turn.

Stone Edge wrecks Flying types if you wanted another physical attack.

Superpower is a different Fighting attack that is a poor version of Close Combat.

Thunderpunch if you really hate Gyarados that much.

Countering Ursaring

Ursaring has amazing power, so it is hard to switch in safely. However, it does have its counters. Steel types like Steelix, Registeel and Aggron can take Return all day, as long as it isn't boosted too much, and hit it back with a STAB move. Just watch out for Earthquake and Fire Punch. Bulky Ground types like Donphan and Swampert, those kind of Pokémon, all take hits well due to natural physical bulk. However, a boosted Return will hurt them if not KO them outright. Ghosts such as Rotom, Spiritomb and Dusknoir can all take Ursaring on due to good bulk and immunity to Normal. Just make sure you know what set it is before throwing out a Will-o-wisp, and avoid Crunch at all costs. Rock types also enjoy switching into Return, but die to Close Combat and Earthquake. Regirock and Rhyperior are two good choices. Due to Ursaring's low Speed, revenge killing is a perfectly valid strategy. After Ursaring takes something out, ruin him with a fast Fighting move. Hitmontop really deserves a mention as well. Intimidate can mess with Ursaring, but a Technician boosted Life Orb Mach Punch will be laying the hurt on Ursaring.

Locations in Games

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Trade from ECXD (RS) Evolve Teddiursa (E)

Colosseum/XD

Snagged from Sangem Grunt Agrev in Snagem Hideout (Col) Evolve Teddiursa (XD)

Fire Red/Leaf Green

Trade from ECXD

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Route 216, Route 217, Lake Acuity Lakefront

HeartGold/SoulSilver

Trade from DPtSS (HG) Route 28, Mt. Silver, Victory Road (SS)
Back to top Go down
http://kabigonforums.heavenforum.com
pikachu7
sceptile
sceptile
pikachu7

PokePoints : 327

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the 2nd week   Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 pm

How come it shows it as shiny Ursaring on the home page O.o?
Back to top Go down
Kabigon
Admin
Admin
Kabigon

PokePoints : 372

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the 2nd week   Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 2:38 am

oups i didnt notice it i will fix it sorry guys Sad
Back to top Go down
http://kabigonforums.heavenforum.com
pikachu7
sceptile
sceptile
pikachu7

PokePoints : 327

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the 2nd week   Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Nah, It's ok .w. It gives an idea on what color shiny Ursaring is.
Back to top Go down
Pokecollector
weavile
weavile
Pokecollector

PokePoints : 222

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the 2nd week   Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:57 am

how do you select the pokemon of the week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the 2nd week   Pokemon of the 2nd week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon of the 2nd week
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kabigon :: Trainer Corner :: POTW-
Jump to: