Kabigon
Welcome to Kabigon forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Kabigon
Welcome to Kabigon forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Kabigon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kabigon

A Pokemon forum to test your skils, trade rare Pokemon and make new friends!Have fun!!!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO KABIGON FORUMS ! WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY !!!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Announcements

Just a reminder: If you haven't already read them, you can find the rules of the forum here:Site Rules.

If you think that you are the best pokemon trainer in the world and your pokemon are the stronger you must read these guides first!!! Click here

If you want to be our Gym Leader and want to know where can find the apply form Click here

Or If you want to battle our Gym leaders and want to know who they are you can find them here

Latest topics
» r342rwerwrwrwerw
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:44 pm by jnkute

» History of Pokemon
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:22 am by siranime

»  Operation 1: Restoring the Forum!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:16 am by pikachu7

»  Time to leave already TT~TT
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 pm by pikachu7

»  Do not click here...
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:14 am by Pokecollector

» Anyone have a Macho Brace?
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:32 am by pikachu7

» Pokemon Black/White nw informations!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 am by Pokecollector

» ATTENTION TO ALL GYM LEADERS !!!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:43 am by Pokecollector

»  Application Form
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 am by Guest

» Introduction to this forum
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:12 am by Pokecollector

» Kabigon Badges!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 pm by Pokecollector

» Gym leaders must read this!!!!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:13 pm by Pokecollector

» Azure's Blaziken moveset (UNDER CONSTRUCTION.)
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 am by Azure

» Winner of badges!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:34 pm by Pokecollector

» tom likes...
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 pm by Pokecollector

» Our admin will leave for a few days.....
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 pm by Kabigon

» Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 am by Pokecollector

» Pokemon of the 2nd week
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:57 am by Pokecollector

Poll
What will you get ?
Pokemon Black
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_lcap43%Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Pokemon White
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_lcap21%Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
I won't buy
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_lcap7%Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
BOTH !!!
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_lcap14%Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
No matter which i'll buy...
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_lcap14%Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.

Go down 
+2
xxcharizardxx
Kabigon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kabigon
Admin
Admin
Kabigon

PokePoints : 372

Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. Empty
PostSubject: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Shiny Pokemon

First introduced in Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal, a Shiny Pokemon is a rare form of Pokemon that differs in color from a normal Pokemon. It is easily identified by the red star to the right of its sprite on the summary screen. The difference can be subtle (Shiny Leafeon are only a slightly lighter shade of teal) or dramatic (Shiny Gyarados are a brilliant shade of red, as opposed to normal blue). When they emerge from a PokeBall in battle they're accompanied by a brief glittery animation that makes them appear to shine.

Besides being a different color than a normal Pokemon, Shiny Pokemon are exactly the same. Contrary to popular belief, Shiny Pokemon don't have higher stats (HP, Attack, Defense, etc.) than normal Pokemon. So why would you bother to catch a Shiny Pokemon? Basically, it's like a trophy to show off to your friends.

As mentioned, Shiny Pokemon are very rare, but how rare are they? You have a 1 in 8,192 chance of encountering a Shiny Pokemon in the wild - that's a negigible 0.0122% chance of running into one! The chances are just as dismal if you try to breed for a shiny egg.

So what happens if your Shiny Pokemon evolves? Don't worry, your luck won't run out as Pokemon remain shiny, even after they evolve. The same goes for Pokemon transferred through Pal Park - if they were shiny in the 3rd Generation, they will remain shiny in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal

In the 2nd Generation, Pokemon shininess was determined by Individual Values (IVs) - hidden stats that determine the base value of the stats of your Pokemon. Pokemon with Speed, Defense, and Special IVs of 10, and an Attack IV of 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, will be shiny. Due to their higher IVs than normal, Shiny Pokemon have only slightly above average stats. To find out if your Pokemon is shiny, look at its stats and if it has 3 pluses by its gender, then it's a Shiny Pokemon.Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. Redgyarados
The most famous example of a Shiny Pokemon is the Red Gyarados that lives in the Lake of Rage. The Red Gyarados is the only Pokemon in the games that will be shiny 100% of the time when encountered.

Pokemon Crystal

Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. Oddegg
When you first visit the Daycare Center below Goldenrod City, the Daycare couple will give you the Odd Egg. It takes up a Pokemon slot just like a normal egg. It can hatch into one of seven Pokemon: Magby, Smoochum, Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Tyrogue, Marill or Elekid. What makes the Odd Egg special is that it has a 50% chance of hatching into a Shiny Pokemone. The hatched Pokemon will always be female, with the exception of Tyrogue, and will also know Dizzy Punch.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. Shinypokemon2
In the 3rd Generation, Pokemon shininess was no longer determined by IVs. Instead, the two trainer IDs (the one on the Trainer Card and the unknown trainer ID) make up two of the four random numbers. While these numbers remain constant throughout the game, the remaining two random numbers are determined each time you run into a wild Pokemon, hatch a Pokemon egg, or are given a Pokemon (such as a starter Pokemon). Since shininess is no longer determined by IVs, it is now possible to have a Shiny Pokemon with maximum stats.

Pokemon Diamond, and Pearl
Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. Shinypokemon3
In the 4th Generation, for the first time ever there is now a way to increase the chances of encountering a Shiny Pokemon. Using the PokeRadar you can create a Chain. The longer your current PokeRadar Chain is, the higher your chances of encountering a Shiny Pokemon. Shiny Pokemon are only found in patches of grass that glow white twice when using the PokeRadar.
Back to top Go down
http://kabigonforums.heavenforum.com
xxcharizardxx
tsutaja
tsutaja

PokePoints : 48

Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:26 pm

lol my first shiny i just randomly found. i was walking when all of a suddun a different color roselia appeared, i didnt know why it was sparkling but i caught it anyway. few weeks later i find out its a shiny pkmn and its super rare. lol lucky i caught it that day cheers
Back to top Go down
Silver
tsutaja
tsutaja
Silver

PokePoints : 85

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 am

there is one other way to increase the amount of shiny pokemon. if you have a pokemon from a different region and you breed it with a pokemon from your region, you increase the odds of a shiny by 4X.
this is called the masuda method
Back to top Go down
pikachu7
sceptile
sceptile
pikachu7

PokePoints : 327

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:16 am

Silver wrote:
there is one other way to increase the amount of shiny pokemon. if you have a pokemon from a different region and you breed it with a pokemon from your region, you increase the odds of a shiny by 4X.
this is called the masuda method
Kewl ^^! I will try that out some day when I have the time. Where did you get this info anyways o.o?
Back to top Go down
Shiv
magikarp
magikarp

PokePoints : 13

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:37 am

In 4th Generation is also the way to hatch shiny pokemon From eggs.It is called rng breeding and i am using it.So far i have a shiny charmander a shiny beldum a shiny numel and some others.
Back to top Go down
Kabigon
Admin
Admin
Kabigon

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:35 pm

how you hatch a beldum Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Shiv
magikarp
magikarp

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Kabigon wrote:
how you hatch a beldum Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
Via Rng Breeding method.I will to do a number of poketch taps and the next you will hatch it will be shiny.
Back to top Go down
Kabigon
Admin
Admin
Kabigon

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 pm

beldum have no gender Shiv
Back to top Go down
Shiv
magikarp
magikarp

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Kabigon wrote:
beldum have no gender Shiv

yes but it can make eggs
Back to top Go down
Kabigon
Admin
Admin
Kabigon

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 am

beldum has no gender so it caqn make eggs my friend
Back to top Go down
Shiv
magikarp
magikarp

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 am

Kabigon wrote:
beldum has no gender so it caqn make eggs my friend
I don't know about beldum but Metagross can make eggs.Just try it and you will see
Back to top Go down
Pokecollector
weavile
weavile
Pokecollector

PokePoints : 222

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:02 am

any pokemon that is not here:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/noeggs.shtml

can breed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.   Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiny Pokemon - Find out what they are and how to obtain them in each generation of Pokemon games.
Page 1 of 1